STAR WARS |
HOW TO |
SLOT CARS |
RC TANKS |
This is a collection of links to instructional articles which may be of interest. These articles are from a variety of web sites which cater to a broad range of specific interests. This points to a shocking truth about modeling: no matter what particular niche you're interested in, you can learn so much by looking beyond.
I have collected direct links to articles because this seemed efficient; articles from a variety of perspectives are grouped under a topic heading. This also leaves updating rights completely within the hands of the author. I strongly encourage you to fully browse the sites that these articles are based from.
(Note: I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, but after years of this, I'm weary of receiving "how do you...?" e-mail. It's tedious to answer, and takes time away from stuff that I like to do. Many of the answers are already out there-- you just have to look, digest & experiment, like I did. It's all inside your brain, waiting to be released. I hope you can understand my position, and why I encourage you to DO IT, not just read about doing it...)
GENERAL FAQs AND TECHNIQUE-CENTERED WEB SITES
Production techniques should only be used to reproduce copies of one's own work, or as an aid to producing one's own work. Using these techniques to reproduce others' works, for profit or to provide friends with "freebies", is both illegal and immoral. If you do, you're stealing from the original artist--no rationalizations--that makes you a real jerk. So sayeth Jimbob.
- Prairie Craft ...Distributors of Polymer clays-- good info, really nice folks-- and you can order directly from them.
- Magic Sculp ...Producers of miracle sculpting medium
- Micro Mark ...Hobby tools & supplies, modeling oriented
- Rio Grande ...Jewelers' tools & supplies. These guys use some very neat machinery!
- Armaverse ...Armatures for stop motion animation; economical
- Intertronics Animatronics ...Not exactly a supplier, but tons of links to Animatronics sites & suppliers. Fascinating stuff; Animatronics is probably the highest form of all this modeling stuff, one step shy of actually creating life!
- Monster Makers Online ...Supplies for mask-making; very cool!
- Burman Industries ...Supplies for Hollywood SFX; foams, urethanes, silicones
- Doll and Hobby Shoppe ...Kits, tools & supplies, gallery
- Compleat Sculptor's Online Catalog ...Tools & artists supplies (catalog in Acrobat .pdf format)
- Bare Metal & Foil Co. ...Molding & casting supplies, tools
- Smooth-On ... smooth-on liquid rubber liquid plastic silicone rubber mold making artists...okay, you get the idea?
- John Reynolds Company, Dallas, Texas: 1-800-421-4378 ... Distributors of Silicone Inc.'s GI-1000
- Dreams To Reality Studios ... Rotational casting machines, contract production...
- Sherline Products ... High quality milling machines & lathes for hobbyist...
- MaxNC ... Computer-controlled milling machines & lathes for hobbyist...
- Alps USA ... Manufacturer of the MD series of dry-ink printers...