(1 & 2) Noghri, who supposedly inspired Vader's Mask (or "Kenner's Ewok Village Leia"- Peter Crone) . . .
(3) from sketch of Cantina creature, AOSW page 65 . . .
(4) Oola-like creature, off the top of my head . . .
(5) from sketch by Nilo Rodis-Jamero, AOROTJ page 26 . . .
(6) Givin (Skull Head), a Cantina creature, SWC page 81 . . .
(7) Labria, a Devaronian Cantina creature, SWC page 81 . . .
(8) Myo, an Abyssin Cantina creature, SWC page 77 . . .
(9) Elom, from Jabba's palace, SWC page 231 . . .
(10) Pote Snitkin, a Skrilling aboard Jabba's barge, SWC page 251 (this dude needs some work) . . .
(11) Lamproid "Snake Head", a Cantina creature, SWC page 83 . . .
(12) Venus Flytrap Woman, unproduced design for ROTJ, SWC page 242 . . .
(13) Composite from various design sketches of Jabba, AOROTJ page 30 . . .
(14) "Brainee", a Cantina creature, SWC page 76 . . . (15) "Shistavanen Wolfman", a Cantina creature, SWC page 83 . . . (16) "Ket Maliss", a SW Holiday Special creature, Decipher card (another one that needs work) . . . (17) "Dr. Evazan", a Cantina creature, from the VCR . . . (18) Whiphid ("Toothface"), from ROTJ, SWC page 229; yawn... he needs hair . . .
(19) "Ishi Tib", from Jabba's Palace, SWC page 256 (I have this strange craving for fried chicken) . . . (20) Nimbanese, from the Cantina after a close shave, SWC page 81 . . .
3/14/97- 3/21/97: I'm on a quickie sculpting binge. None of these are fired, and I don't know if I'll "finish" any of them. I'm just satisfying an urge to make stuff that interests me, and have stopped before the job got tedious (a kind of "Slacker's" approach to sculpting). I've stolen from Nilo Rodis-Jamero's and Ralph McQuarrie's sketches in the Art of... books, with a little interpretation & melding here & there. The Star War Chronicles is...an extremely well-constructed book! It lays flat without the pages coming out. Unfortunately, it's so big that I've had to sculpt everything standing up because I don't have enough room at my work area.
Last modified: Saturday, January 6, 2001 6:20 PM